Congress president Rahul Gandhi promised the farmers of Madhya Pradesh his party, if voted to power, will waive farm loans within the first 10 days of government
If you vote the Congress to power, we will ensure waiver of farm loans within 10 days, Congress president Rahul Gandhi promised farmers Wednesday at a rally in Madhya Pradesh’s Piplya Mandi town.
The rally, which took place in Mandsaur district, comes exactly a year after six farmers were killed in police firing here. The farmers had then launched a protest demanding loan waiver among other things.
Gandhi also met some of the family members of the farmers who were killed last year.
Here are the highlights of his speech
* A year ago, Madhya Pradesh government shot and killed farmers. Today, all over India, farmers are demanding their rights.
* The truth is PM Modi and BJP are not concerned about farmers. Helping their rich businessmen friends is their only priority.
I will waive all farm loans within the first 10 days if the Congress comes to power in Madhya Pradesh.
* Narendra Modi has given Rs 30,000 cr to ‘Niravbhai’’ and ‘Mehulbhai’… with this amount the loans of Madhya Pradesh farmers could have been paid off twice over.
* I assure you that the families of the farmers (who were killed in Mandsaur last year) will get justice in 10 days (of Congress coming to power), and we will take action against those responsible for the firing.
* The food we eat is all due to the efforts of our farmers and their families, not rich businessmen. Which is why farmers are our priority.
*Narendra Modi has betrayed the farmers. He had promised to give them a fair price for their produce.
* Today, when you go the mandi, you get a cheque, then the bank asks for a bribe…15 per cent of that goes into Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s pocket. We will pay you directly at the mandi.
* Every district of MP will have a food processing unit where farmers will be able to sell their produce directly.
* PM Modi waived loans worth ₹1.5 lakh crore of just 15 businessmen, but I requested him to waive farm loans, his answer was SILENCE.
* Narendra Modi not only betrayed the farmers, he has also let down the youth. He had promised Rs 15 lakh and promised two crore jobs.
* My dream is that when we come here after five-seven years and look at our phones, we find ‘Made in Mandsaur’ written on it. Narendra Modi and Shivraj Singh won’t be able to do this work. Kamal Nath and (Jyotiraditya) Scindia can do this.
* We will not privatise health or education…we give them at affordable prices.
* We will devote all our energies to saving farmers and creating employment for the youth to transform Madhya Pradesh.