scorecardresearch
Add as a preferred source on Google
Friday, August 21, 2026

Support our Journalism

9th Anniversary: Free Tote & Mug

Subscribe
HomeIndiaPahalgam terror attack: J&K Police releases names of 3 LeT terrorists, 2...

Pahalgam terror attack: J&K Police releases names of 3 LeT terrorists, 2 from Pakistan, 1 Kashmiri

J&K Police have also announced a reward of Rs 20 lakh for information that may lead to ‘neutralisation’ of terrorists involved in Pahalgam terror attack.

Follow Us :
Text Size:

Srinagar: Jammu & Kashmir Police have released details about three of the four Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists who killed 25 tourists and a Kashmiri local at Pahalgam’s Baisaran meadows Tuesday afternoon.

Last evening, police had announced a cash reward of Rs 20 lakh in exchange for “any information leading to the neutralisation of the terrorists involved in this cowardly attack”. Identity of informers, it added, would be kept secret.

On Thursday, J&K Police confirmed that one of the four terrorists involved in the Pahalgam massacre is Adil Hussain Thoker, as ThePrint reported the previous day. Thoker is a resident of Anantnag. 

The other two terrorists identified by police are Ali Bhai alias Talha Bhai and Hashim Musa alias Suleman—both referred to as “Pak national LeT” terrorists.

Sources in the security establishment told ThePrint that the two Pakistanis are believed to have infiltrated into India a year ago and are suspected of being behind another high-profile attack reported last year.

Special forces have joined the massive manhunt for the terrorists who fled the Baisaran meadows for the higher ranges of the Pir Panjal range after singling out Hindu men and shooting them at close range.

As reported by ThePrint earlier, a group of four terrorists—armed with body cameras and AK-47 rifles—perpetrated the massacre. The killings lasted about 15-20 minutes and marked the deadliest terror attack in the Kashmir valley since 2019.

Sources in the security establishment said The Resistance Front, a front for LeT, has claimed responsibility for the attack. But officials have yet to verify the claim.

A team from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) was at the Baisaran meadows Wednesday to carry out a preliminary probe.

On Wednesday, the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) decided to respond—to what it termed “cross-border linkages” of the terrorists responsible for the attack—with a slew of punitive measures including putting the Indus Waters Treaty in abeyance.

(Edited by Amrtansh Arora)


Also Read: Report on Pahalgam shows there was ‘real-time intel’ sharing between terrorists & ‘Pakistani handlers’


 

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Nine Years, Made Possible by Readers

In 2017, Shekhar Gupta started ThePrint with a simple belief: Indian readers want journalism that asks why and what next, not just what. And that enough of them would be willing to pay for good journalism.

Nine years on, that belief has held.

And, in these nine years, we’ve stayed true to our mission. We’ve been asking the follow-up questions, going beyond the headlines and explaining what’s actually happening. We’ve travelled across the country to bring you in-depth, visually-compelling stories from the ground.

It’s been nine years of readers choosing to make this possible. If you’d like to be one of them:

Support ThePrint

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular