New Delhi: The health ministry Saturday released a list of specified comorbidities that would determine the eligibility for Covid-19 vaccination for those aged between 45-59 years.
The Centre has said that people aged above 60 years and those above 45 years with comorbidities will be inoculated in the phase 2 of the immunisation drive, which will start from 1 March.
According to a ministry statement, people with any one of these following comorbidities will be eligible for vaccination.
- Heart failure with hospital admission in the past one year.
2. Post-cardiac transplant/left ventricular assist device (LVAD).
3. Significant left ventricular systolic dysfunction (LVEF less than 40 per cent).
4. Moderate or severe valvular heart disease.
5. Congenital heart disease with severe PAH or idiopathic PAH.
6. Coronary artery disease with past CABG/PTCA/MI and hypertension/diabetes on treatment.
7. Angina and hypertension/diabetes on treatment.
8. CT/MRI documented stroke and hypertension/diabetes on treatment.
9. Pulmonary artery hypertension and hypertension/diabetes (for more than 10 years or with complications) and hypertension on treatment.
10. Diabetes (for more than 10 years or with complications) and hypertension on treatment.
11. Kidney/liver/hematopoietic stem cell transplant: recipient/on wait-list.
12. End stage kidney disease on haemodialysis/CAPD.
13. Current prolonged use of oral corticosteroids. immunosuppressant medications.
14. Decompensated cirrhosis.
15. Severe respiratory disease with hospitalisations in the last two years/FEV1 less than 50 per cent.
16. Lymphoma/ Leukaemia/Myeloma.
17. Diagnosis of any solid cancer on or after 1 July 2020 or currently on any cancer therapy.
18. Sickle cell disease/bone marrow failure/aplastic anemia/ thalassemia major.
19. Primary immunodeficiency diseases/HIV infections.
20. Persons with disabilities due to intellectual disabilities/ muscular dystrophy/acid attack with involvement of respiratory system/persons with disabilities having high support needs/multiple disabilities, including deaf-blindness.