New Delhi: Abhijeet Dipke, the founder of the Cockroach Janta Party, wrote on X Saturday morning that he does not have access to the online party’s Instagram account. His personal Instagram handle has also been hacked, he revealed.
“Crackdown on Cockroach Janta Party,” Dipke wrote.
Hours later, Dipke announced that the CJP’s official website had also been taken down. In an X post, he wrote that over 10 lakh had signed up on the website, and nearly six lakh had signed the petition demanding the resignation of education minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
“Why is the government so scared of cockroaches? But this dictatorial behaviour is opening the eyes of India’s youth. Our only crime is we were demanding a better future for ourselves,” Dipke posted.
The government has taken down our iconic website – https://t.co/l6i6Ry8h5S.
10 Lakh cockroaches had signed up on our website has members.
6 Lakh cockroaches had signed a petition to demand the resignation of Dharmendra Pradhan.
Why is the government so scared of cockroaches?…
— Abhijeet Dipke (@abhijeet_dipke) May 23, 2026
The Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) was created by Dipke as a parody party after CJI Surya Kant’s remark on unemployed Indian youth. It quickly became popular among youth, with its X and Instagram accounts amassing millions of followers overnight.
During a hearing, the CJI had referred to the unemployed youth of India as “cockroaches” and “parasites”. He later said that the media had misquoted him.
The CJP’s backup Instagram account, @cockroachneverdies_, was taken down Friday, and its X account has been withheld in India.
Crackdown on Cockroach Janta Party.
– Instagram page hacked.
– My personal Instagram hacked.
– Twitter account withheld
– Back up account also taken down.
— Abhijeet Dipke (@abhijeet_dipke) May 23, 2026
Accounts hacked
On 16 May, Dipke wrote a post on X announcing a “new platform for all the cockroaches” with a google form for people to sign up. People started quickly signing in, and followers on social media increased.
The Instagram page of CJP got nearly 21 million followers within a week.
Dipke, who is in the US currently, posted a reel early Saturday morning stating that he has not called for any protests in India.
“We have not given any such call, we are not going to protest right now,” he added. “Whatever we will do, we will plan for it.”
He urged the youth and CJP members to be “mindful”. A few hours later, the CJP’s official page had been hacked.
“Please note that we currently do not have access to any of our platforms. Any post made after this should not be considered an official statement from the Cockroach Janta Party.” Dipke posted on X.
After the CJP’s official X handle was withheld in India, Dipke created another page, ‘Cockroach is Back’. It has nearly 2 lakh followers.
You can hack and withhold the accounts but you cannot hack this movement.
We are not going to stop and we will keep raising our voice against this autocracy. Every attack makes cockroaches stronger.
We are working on a plan to get this movement to continue sustainably and take… pic.twitter.com/35mJ3hCBQo
— Abhijeet Dipke (@abhijeet_dipke) May 23, 2026
The hacking comes after a day of IT ministry officials citing CJP is a threat to the “sovereignty” of India.
“MeitY received an input from the IB to block the X account of Cockroach Janta Party, citing that it posed a threat to the sovereignty of India. The IB believed that the account was posting inflammatory content through its account, which could have jeopardised the country’s national security” an official told The Indian Express. “In particular, the concern stemmed from the fact that the account’s content was gaining traction among young people.”
The online political movement that started as a satire now has 1 million registrations on its website. For Dipke, the CJP is a product of Indian youth’s frustration with “outdated” politics.
(Edited by Prasanna Bachchhav)
Also read: Artists are creating anthems for Cockroach Janta Party, from Hindi to Kannada

