scorecardresearch
Tuesday, August 26, 2025
Support Our Journalism
HomeIndiaJalna police to permit Jarange's march to Mumbai

Jalna police to permit Jarange’s march to Mumbai

Follow Us :
Text Size:

Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Maharashtra), Aug 26 (PTI) Permission will be granted for the planned march of Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange and his followers to Mumbai through the district, the Jalna police said on Tuesday.

Jarange has announced that he would set out for Mumbai on Wednesday to launch a fresh hunger strike in Maharashtra’s capital to demand reservation for the Maratha community.

He had asked for permission for a march to Mumbai and it will be granted, Jalna Superintendent of Police Ajaykumar Bansal told PTI on Tuesday evening.

The march will start from Antarwali Sarathi village in Jalna district, 380 km from Mumbai.

Around 10,000 people are estimated to accompany Jarange as he leaves the village, officials said.

Earlier in the day, the BJP-led government’s attempt to dissuade Jarange from launching an agitation in Mumbai in the middle of Ganesh festival failed as he said he will stick to his plans. PTI AW KRK

This report is auto-generated from PTI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Support Our Journalism

India needs fair, non-hyphenated and questioning journalism, packed with on-ground reporting. ThePrint – with exceptional reporters, columnists and editors – is doing just that.

Sustaining this needs support from wonderful readers like you.

Whether you live in India or overseas, you can take a paid subscription by clicking here.

Support Our Journalism

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular