scorecardresearch
Add as a preferred source on Google
Saturday, August 22, 2026

Support our Journalism

9th Anniversary: Free Tote & Mug

Subscribe
HomeIndiaFather arrested for 'raping' daughters in Uttarakhand's Kotdwar

Father arrested for ‘raping‘ daughters in Uttarakhand’s Kotdwar

Follow Us :
Text Size:

Kotdwar, Aug 18 (PTI) A cloth salesman in Uttarakhand was arrested for allegedly raping his daughters aged 17 and 19 after a complaint by his wife claiming years of sexual abuse, police said on Tuesday.

Police said the 46-year-old man, a resident of Kotdwar in Pauri district, was arrested based on available evidence, the victims’ statements and interrogation. He was sent to jail after being produced in court.

In a complaint filed at the Kotdwar police station, a woman alleged that her husband had raped his daughters, aged 19 and 17.

The complainant alleged the sexual abuse had been going on for several years and that he had threatened to kill them if they reported the matter to the police or anyone else.

Based on the complaint, police registered a case against the man under Sections 351(2) [criminal intimidation], 64(2)(f) [rape by person in power, including relative], and 64(2)(m) [repeated rape] of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita (BNS) and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, and began an investigation.

According to police, preliminary investigation suggested that there was a domestic dispute between the husband and wife but the sexual abuse allegations were not dismissed merely as a family feud as of now. A thorough probe into the veracity of the charges was launched, they said.

Police said the victims’ statements have been recorded, various aspects of the case have been examined, necessary evidence has been gathered and the accused has also been interrogated.

Police said the man has allegedly confessed to the crime. PTI DPT SKY SKY

This report is auto-generated from PTI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Nine Years, Made Possible by Readers

In 2017, Shekhar Gupta started ThePrint with a simple belief: Indian readers want journalism that asks why and what next, not just what. And that enough of them would be willing to pay for good journalism.

Nine years on, that belief has held.

And, in these nine years, we’ve stayed true to our mission. We’ve been asking the follow-up questions, going beyond the headlines and explaining what’s actually happening. We’ve travelled across the country to bring you in-depth, visually-compelling stories from the ground.

It’s been nine years of readers choosing to make this possible. If you’d like to be one of them:

Support ThePrint

  • Tags

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular