scorecardresearch
Add as a preferred source on Google
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Support Our Journalism
HomeIndiaJ-K CM Omar warns against using 'Gen Z' as a threat

J-K CM Omar warns against using ‘Gen Z’ as a threat

Follow Us :
Text Size:

Srinagar, Aug 19 (PTI) Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday warned that using the ‘Gen Z’ tag as a threat will quickly lead to the erosion of any goodwill for the youth.

Abdullah was commenting on a video in which a young woman could be seen raising her voice against the Ladakh police at a checkpoint.

The girl in the video said, “We are Gen Z and we are not going to tolerate this.” “This ‘we are Gen Z’ has become the new ‘jaantay nahin ho mera baap kaun hai’. The quickest way to erode any Gen Z goodwill is to start using it as a threat at the slightest perceived affront,” Abdullah posted on X while reposting the video from his personal account.

In the undated video which surfaced on social media, the woman was aggrieved about being stopped near Minimarg in the Ladakh region, a place famous for being the gateway between Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.

She claimed that the people had been made to wait there for five hours. “We pay from our pockets to visit and they are doing this to us. Earlier they used to do this to Kashmiris (only), now they are doing it with tourists as well,” she added.

The woman staged a dharna at the check post and did not allow even an Army convoy to proceed towards a transit camp. The situation was brought under control after the district officials convinced her.

The woman’s remarks against the Army have drawn criticism from former Army officers who said her behaviour towards men in uniform was uncalled for. PTI MIJ SKL KVK KVK

This report is auto-generated from PTI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Nine Years, Made Possible by Readers

In 2017, Shekhar Gupta started ThePrint with a simple belief: Indian readers want journalism that asks why and what next, not just what. And that enough of them would be willing to pay for good journalism.

Nine years on, that belief has held.

And, in these nine years, we’ve stayed true to our mission. We’ve been asking the follow-up questions, going beyond the headlines and explaining what’s actually happening. We’ve travelled across the country to bring you in-depth, visually-compelling stories from the ground.

It’s been nine years of readers choosing to make this possible. If you’d like to be one of them:

Support ThePrint

  • Tags

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular