scorecardresearch
Add as a preferred source on Google
Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Support Our Journalism
HomeIndiaAndhra CM directs intensifying search for seven missing Konaseema f'men in Bay...

Andhra CM directs intensifying search for seven missing Konaseema f’men in Bay of Bengal

Follow Us :
Text Size:

Amaravati, Aug 19 (PTI) Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Wednesday directed officials to intensify search operations to trace seven fishermen from BR Ambedkar Konaseema district who went missing at sea.

The fishermen, from Odalarevu, Dummalapeta and Vasalathippa villages in Allavaram mandal, had left the Odalarevu Fish Landing Centre jetty at around 10 am on August 3 for fishing in the sea.

They remained in phone contact with their families until around 11 am that day, after which communication was lost. The boat was expected to return by August 12 but did not arrive, prompting authorities to launch search operations.

Naidu, during a virtual interaction with Fisheries Minister K Atchannaidu and officials, enquired about the progress of the search and rescue efforts following the disappearance of fishermen.

“Officials should intensify search operations to trace the seven fishermen who went missing at sea after leaving Odalarevu jetty,” the CM said in an official release.

Officials informed the chief minister that the coast guard and marine police were conducting search operations, while the district administration was continuously monitoring the efforts. Two Dornier aircraft, Navy boats and seven other boats had already been deployed for the search, they said.

Fishing boats from Kakinada, Bhairavapalem, Visakhapatnam and Paradip were also alerted and were assisting in gathering information about the missing boat, officials said.

They further informed him that some boats had been spotted about 14 nautical miles from Paradip and efforts were underway to ascertain whether they were connected to the missing fishermen.

Naidu directed officials to keep the families of the missing fishermen regularly informed about the progress of the search operations. PTI MS SA

This report is auto-generated from PTI news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Nine Years, Made Possible by Readers

In 2017, Shekhar Gupta started ThePrint with a simple belief: Indian readers want journalism that asks why and what next, not just what. And that enough of them would be willing to pay for good journalism.

Nine years on, that belief has held.

And, in these nine years, we’ve stayed true to our mission. We’ve been asking the follow-up questions, going beyond the headlines and explaining what’s actually happening. We’ve travelled across the country to bring you in-depth, visually-compelling stories from the ground.

It’s been nine years of readers choosing to make this possible. If you’d like to be one of them:

Support ThePrint

  • Tags

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular