ThePrint has shortlisted five winners who sent their entries on the birth anniversary of singer Mukesh. Each gets a gift worth Rs 5,000.
To celebrate Mukesh’s 95th birth anniversary, ThePrint published a list of some of the singer’s greatest songs, and invited readers to send in playlists of their favourites by Mukesh.
Entitled to gifts worth Rs 5,000 each, the winners are:
Tanuja, C. Lokesh, Yamini, Ajit Singh and Chhavi Jain. Congratulations!
These are their winning entries, as selected by the editors at ThePrint.
Aankhen Khuli Thi from Saathi
A stunning song from Naushad which is steeped in romantic lyrics by Majrooh; the lines ‘ab to andhero se ulfat si ho gayi hai hamein’ and ‘unkaa khayal dil mein, tasavvur nigaho mein, roshan unhise hai’ and ‘taknaa hai aaj unhe umra bhar ke liye’… Now, that is something I love to the core.
Ruk Ja O Janewali from Kanhaiya
This song proves that Mukesh was not merely a singer of sad songs. The famed RK team comprising Mukesh, Shailendra and Shankar Jaikishan created this absolutely happy song.
Hum Aaj Kahin Dil Kho Baithe from Andaaz
With Dilip Kumar playing while Nargis looks at him fondly — this is bliss, and apparently a happy song which I would like to hear in the solitude of night with my eyes closed.
Jap Jap Jap Jap Re from Sharada
This is such a funny and romantic song, especially Raj Kapoor’s antics.
Chhodo Kal Ki Baatein from Hum Hindustani
This one is such a patriotic song that was always sung on Republic Day and Independence Day celebrations at school. Brings nostalgic memories.
Phool Tumhe Bheja Hai Khat Mein from Saraswati Chandra
It is beautiful in every sense, one of my favourite romantic duets. Sweet lyrics, music with just the right ambiance and listening to it one can feel the nervousness, anticipation and love in it.
Oh Re Taal Mile Nadi Ke Jal Mein from Anokhi Raat
This one isn’t sorrowful or depressing. It shows how inevitable is the nature, esp the meeting of pond and river, river and sea. The way it builds it into the sweetness of a love story.
Suno Ji Suno Hamari Bhi Suno from Ek Dil Sau Afsane
Waheeda Rahman dancing on joyously, that is what I love this song for.
Zikr Hota Hai Jab Qayamat Ka from My Love
Every word of this song is heart touching. Couldn’t express more than this.
Yeh Kaun Chitrakaar Hai from Boond Jo Ban Gayi Moti
Now, who else could praise this beautiful Earth in such a wonderful way?
- Chino O Arab Hamara –Phir Subah Hogi
- Aasman Pe Hai Khuda–Phir Subah Hogi
- Phir Na Keeje Meri Gustakh Nigahni ka Gila–Phir Subah Hogi
- Kahan Ho Tum Zara Awaaz do-Malhar
- Hum Aaj Kahin Dil De Baithe- Andaz
- Kisi Ki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisar-Andaz
- Kaii Bar Yun Bhi Dekha Hai-Rajnigandha
- Ek Pyaar Ka Nagama Hai-Shor
- Do Roz Mein, Wo Pyaar Ka Aalam Gujar Gayaa-Pyar Ki Rahen
- Tu Kahe Agar Jeevan Bhar- Andaz
Ek Din Bik Jayega Mati Ke Mol from Dharam Karam
This song is my favourite as it teaches me to remain grounded and humble in life.
Jeena Yahan Marna Yahan from Mera Naam Joker
This song teaches me the importance of life and that’s why this my all time favourite.
Chand Si Mehbooba Ho Meri from Himalaya Ki God Me
The song immediately changes takes me into a romantic zone and I really want my love to sing this for me.
Jo Tumko Ho Pasand Wohi Baat Karenge from Safar
I always sing this song whenever my love fights with me so that’s why this is my favourite song to sing for my love.
Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo from Teesri Kasam
This song is my favourite as it taughts me to remain truthful as we are answerable to god of our karmas.
Ichak Dana Beechak Dana from Shree 420
Totally love the puzzle and lyrics of this song.
Tauba Yeh Matwali Chaal from Patthar Ke Sanam
Reminds me of my teenage days. Love listening this.
Sab Kuch Seekha Humne Na Seekhi Hoshiyari from Anari
My all-time favourite. Whenever someone makes a fool of me, I start listening to this.
Kehta Hai Joker Sara Zamana from Mera Naam Joker
This one makes me feel relaxed.
Jis Gali Mein Tera Ghar from Kati Patang
This song completely lightens my mind.
- Teri Yaad Dil Se Bhulane Chala Hu – Hariyali Aur Rasta
- Dil Tadap Tadap Ke Keh Raha Hai – Madhumati
- Jaaun Kaha Bata Ae Dil – Chotti Behen
- Kisi Ki Muskurahato Pe Ho – Anari
- Ram Kare Aisa Ho Jaaye – Milan
- Ji Gaali Me Tera Ghar Na Ho – Kati Patang
- Zubaan Pe Dard Bhari Daastan – Maryada
- Oh Mehbooba, Tere Dil Ke Paas Hi Hai Meri Manzile Maqsood – Sangam
- Mere Toote Hue Dil Se Koi Ye Aaj Ye Puche – Challia
- Mehboob Mere, Tu Hai Toh Duniya – Pathar Ke Sanam
- Tum Roothi Raho Mai Manata Rahu – Aas Ka Panchhi
- Jalti Hai Duniya Jalti Rahegi – Kamal Ke Phool
- Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma Hai – Shor
- Dam Bhar Jo Udhar – Awaara
- Bagon Mein Kaise Yeh Phool – Chupke Chupke
- Ramaiya Vastavaiya – Shree 420
- Kisi Ki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisar – Anari
- Dil Tadap Tadap Ke – Madhumati
- Jane Na Nazar Pehchane – Aah
- Paani Tera Rang Kaisa – Shor
I don’t know how none of these came up:
1. Jeoomal uthi chali hava Sangit Samrat Tansen
2. Dil jalta hai to jalne de Pehli nazar
3. Saranga teri yad men Saranga
4. Laut ke aja meri meet Rani
5.kisse yad rakhun kisse bhool jaoon Anurag
6 zinda Hun istara ke ghame zindagi nahi Aag
7. Matwali naar thumak thumak chali Jai ek char kante
8: woh subha kabhi to ayegi phir subah Hogi
9 ye to kaho kaun ho tum Chaliya
10 suhana safar aur ye mausam haseen madhumati
Dear All participants an Winners Congratulations . I had sing the Song Jindagi khwab hai khawb mai zoot kya movie Jagate Raho in our local context at Kolhapur winning first prize of Rs 2500 my no 9922847729 please call me whenever Mukesh songs singing will be there
Jis galing mein others
Comments are closed.