scorecardresearch
Add as a preferred source on Google
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Support Our Journalism
HomeWorldAt least 13 killed in Karachi building collapse after blast, police say

At least 13 killed in Karachi building collapse after blast, police say

Follow Us :
Text Size:

KARACHI, Pakistan, Feb 19 (Reuters) – At least 13 people, including women and children, were killed after a gas cylinder blast caused a residential building to collapse in the southern port city of Karachi on Thursday, police said.

The cylinder exploded on the first floor of the multi-storey compound in Soldier Bazaar, a residential neighbourhood in the eastern part of the densely populated city, police said.

Seven children, including a two-year-old, were among the dead, said police official Summaiya Syed.

The police said they were investigating what triggered the explosion.

Emergency workers, who rescued over a dozen injured from the building, said there could be more people buried in the rubble.

A massive fire at a Karachi mall killed over 70 people last month.

(Reporting by Ariba Shahid; Writing by Asif Shahzad; Editing by David Holmes)

Disclaimer: This report is auto generated from the Reuters news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content.

Subscribe to our channels on YouTube, Telegram & WhatsApp

Support Our Journalism

India needs fair, non-hyphenated and questioning journalism, packed with on-ground reporting. ThePrint – with exceptional reporters, columnists and editors – is doing just that.

Sustaining this needs support from wonderful readers like you.

Whether you live in India or overseas, you can take a paid subscription by clicking here.

Support Our Journalism

  • Tags

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular