Certified Scrum Product Owner® is a certification training that benefits the product owner to make desirable profits in the business.
Scrum Alliance® approves and entitles a product owner to successfully take up the role and responsibilities. It is a certification that grants assistance to direct the big project towards success and profits.
Why become a certified Scrum product owner®?
The roles and responsibilities of a product owner gained through the practice of the skills are of importance, but becoming a professional CSPO® increases the certainty of better use of tools and techniques, to be an efficient product owner and expand the area of opportunities.
In modern times, teams are highly inclined towards using Scrum for creating opportunities for product owners. A highly competitive marketplace has led to a rise in the demand of professional ‘Certified Scrum Product Owners’ to reach the peak of business value and benefit not only individuals, but also organisations.
Benefits of CSPO certification
CSPO certification has both individual and organisational benefits.
Benefits for Individuals
- Increased career options with a wider knowledge of agile practices
- Advanced scrum skill assistance to achieve bigger goals
- Multiple opportunities to engage with Scrum practitioners
- Better use of scrum knowledge in the team to have a better product
- Innovation in product description and creating a higher value for it.
- Improved assistance for teams with bigger projects.
- Better communication and engagement with stakeholders and team members.
- Shared and expanded area of knowledge for agile practices.
How to acquire CSPO® certification?
The following is the process to get the certification of Scrum product owner.
- Choose a good Registered Education Provider (REP) of Scrum Alliance® to step into the journey of learning.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of Scrum concepts and get familiar with the terminology.
- Attend the two-day workshop to get training under the Certified Scrum trainers.
- In this step, Certified Scrum Trainers® update the details by adding recommendations for Scrum Alliance.
- The person who applied then gets an acceptance mail from Scrum Alliance with the details of the account
- Login with the given credentials in the welcome mail and accept your license.
- Finally, get your CSPO certification.
There are no specific criteria to join CSPO® certification course but a little familiarity with the basics of Scrum concepts will always be beneficial to have an efficient learning process.
Levels of Scrum product owner
- Level 1: Business Analyst
- Level 2: Senior Business analyst
- Level 3: Product Owner
- Level 4: Senior Product Owner
What to learn to become a CSPO®?
In the journey of becoming CSPO, there are many things to get a hold on to develop new skills and acquire knowledge.
Product skill development
Get familiar with the main concepts of scrum and all the associated terms to develop the required skills to be a product owner.
Lead the teams
Enlarge the area of knowledge to attain a vision and lead the team better for a higher value of the product
Smooth communication while dealing outside the team or within the team to attain clarity and increased business value
Efficient planning skills
Create the plans with the aim to achieve bigger goals and implement them efficiently to be a successful Scrum Product Owner.
Work on implementation of Scrum functionality by acquiring advanced knowledge and expand the area of opportunities
Learn to be far-sighted and calculate the risks through different methods for better analysis and efficient outcomes.
Adopt an enhanced course of action for better business value and ROI with several methods of execution.
Learn to enhance productivity with goal-oriented actions.
Following are the three tracks to become a Certified Scrum Professional:
For Developers/Testers, Product/Project Managers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Team Leads Scrum Master: CSM → A-CSM → CSP-SM
For Developers/Testers, Product/Project Managers, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, Team Leads, Product Owner: CSPO → A-CSPO → CSP-PO
Architects, Analysts, Programmers, Database Developers, Testers, IT- Operations and other
Scrum Developer: CSD → CSP
What is the scope for Scrum product owner?
Product Owner is the #1 emerging job or skill set needed for an emerging global workforce. In the coming years, the expected job growth rate is 15% with multiple job roles.
Job roles for Scrum product owner
- Agile Coach
- Product Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Senior Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Product Owner
Who should attend?
- Project Managers
- Managers- Software Development
- Software Developers
- Architects – Software Development
- Software Testers
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Team leads/ Team managers
(ThePrint ValueAd Initiative content is a paid for, sponsored article. Journalists of ThePrint are not involved in reporting or writing it.)