The Google Home Mini is a smart speaker. You can do much more than just listen to audio content with this device. The list of benefits might depend on how users utilise the complete set of features it hit the market with.
However, for people with limited uses, is it really worth the investment? What are the uses of Google Home Mini that are less known?
Let’s find out more with a detailed guide on its extensive features, pros, cons, etc.
Features of Google Home Mini
The Google Home Mini is a wholesome package of the Google Home Assistant and more. This voice-controlled smart speaker offers a variety of uses, ranging from playing music to setting reminders.
The features that make Google Home Mini a hit product in the market of smart speakers are:
Google Home Assistant added
It is much more equipped than Bluetooth speakers with the addition of Google Home Assistant. You can make the assistant perform simple jobs for you. Some of the commonly asked favours are switching on a particular TV show, reducing lighting, finding answers to weather-related questions, etc.
Mini version of Google Home
Google Home Mini comes with the same features as Google Home but with a much smaller setup. Moreover, Google Home Mini is more powerful than many smart speakers with the option of controlling your smart home gadgets too.
Compact design and pleasing colours
Accommodating the Google Home Mini is no longer a struggle in your home. It takes limited space and is only palm-sized. However, it delivers the looks to blend with your decor. You can purchase this smart speaker in three different colours like light grey, dark grey, and pinkish-orange.
You know that your device is active when four digital lights show on the front when you voice-activate the Google Home Mini. It does not have any visible buttons on the front display. However, for mechanical control lovers, you still have options with a slider at the back to adjust volume levels.
Also, there is a USB port to charge it from your power source. You can also turn off the microphone feature on this speaker to make it a tap-to-listen category.
If you feel the sound strength is not enough for your entire home, you can go ahead and connect the Google Home Mini to Bluetooth speakers. Users also have a Chromecast option to connect the Mini speaker to any Chromecast dongle-enabled device.
You can extend the usage of Google Home Mini for more than just getting information and listening to sounds. Customers can play games with their family, set timers or alarms for duties, etc. You no longer have to stare at smartphone screens to do such minor but important tasks.
The best part about Google Home Mini is that you involve the entire family rather than being solo for audio-related activities.
Google Home Mini is available just for $50 in the US and £50 in the UK. Elsewhere, the prices may depend on several factors. You can also look out for various available deals.
You no longer have to shed more to get the same features in a bulky and complicated device. If you are planning to go for a smart speaker, you could start with this basic but perfect choice for homes. It packs a punch for the cost.
The price mentioned was the launch prize. Although, you now have options to bag it cheaper in flash sales among various sellers. Be sure to skim the web thoroughly to land on the best price before purchasing!
The positives of Google Home Mini
The advantages of using Google Home Mini are:
- It supports AI with a Google Voice Assistant. You can make all your daily chores easier with simple commands voiced out to the speaker.
- Budget-friendly with many loaded features in a miniature package.
- Users can increase the audio quality by connecting to external Bluetooth speakers with the help of Bluetooth 4.1 technology.
- Good design with perfect colours that supports your home looks.
- Useful for doing household chores and you can set reminders to help you with daily tasks.
- Acts as a miniature of the Google Home system in many ways.
- Google has options for users to choose between Google Assistant voices that come out of the speaker. You also get to choose from a celebrity list to hear every day!
- The bottom of the speaker is fastened with a rubber mat to keep it in place on any surface.
All these pros make it an obvious choice for consumers looking to invest in a smart speaker at home. Also, it comes as a direct competition to Amazon’s Echo Dot. In comparison, it ticks many boxes and works its way up the ladder of an equivalent product from the Google family for Google lovers.
The disadvantages of Google Home Mini
Many users have experienced some setbacks when it comes to the use of Google Home Mini. These are the prominent disadvantages:
- The sound quality seems a bit low when it works as a stand-alone speaker.
- When compared to the Google Home system and other Amazon competitor products, the sound quality was never up to the mark. You had to connect to external speakers to enjoy the audio content well.
- You cannot connect a headphone with the Google Home Mini. It does not have a 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Customers do not get any comfortable button controls on the speaker’s front body.
If you can overlook these cons and still make good use of the Google Home Mini system, you have chosen the right device for you.
Final verdict: Is Google Home Mini worth your investment?
Owing to the merits, you can certainly go for this smart speaker. You get all the features of Google Home in a small but affordable package. Also, with the smart assistant by your side, your life just became easier.
However, on the downside, look out for the sound quality and connect to external speakers in case of parties at home!
(ThePrint ValueAd Initiative content is a paid-for, sponsored article. Journalists of ThePrint are not involved in reporting or writing it.)