GATE is the go-to examination for candidates looking for admission to Postgraduate Engineering Courses. The exam is scheduled for 5, 6, 12 and 13 February, 2022. IIT Kharagpur will be releasing the Mock Tests for aspirants in November 2021. The official GATE Mock Tests are a replication of original GATE question papers. GATE 2022 will be conducted for a total of 29 papers.
With IIT Kharagpur opening the form correction window till 12 November, 2021, preparations for GATE 2022 are now in full swing. Numerous aspirants across the country are well into their preparation processes for GATE 2022. Candidates will be able to download the GATE admit card from GOAPS portal from 3 January, 2022 onwards.
GATE is undoubtedly one of the most intense engineering examinations conducted in the country. It comprises a variety of types of questions: MCQs (1 and 2 Marks types), MSQs (Multiple Select Questions), and NAT (Numerical Answer Type Questions). These questions are designed in a manner to thoroughly assess the knowledge quotient of a GATE aspirant.
GATE 2022 Question Paper consists of a total of 65 questions: MCQs, MSQs and NATs. Weightage is also given to sections such as General Aptitude (15%) and Engineering Mathematics (13%). The remaining 72% is reserved for the core subject paper.
With Collegedunia, GATE candidates can access over 200 paper-wise GATE Practice Papers and Mock Tests including previous year question papers as well. The Sample Papers provide a detailed insight into the understanding of the GATE 2022 Exam Pattern and the nature of questions that will appear.
The Previous Year Questions allow aspirants to look into the range of questions that appeared in the previous examinations. Aspirants can access GATE Previous Year Questions dating as far back as 2017. There is also a special section for Questions Papers and Answer Keys for the different papers of GATE.
GATE Preparation is dependent upon a number of factors. Every stream/paper has its own individual method of preparation. Aspirants should also have an awareness of their strengths and weaknesses to ensure a well-rounded study plan.
Some basic tips and techniques that all aspirants are recommended to follow are:
1. Starting Early: GATE aspirants should plan out the list of topics they need to study and allocate time and number of days required for each topic.
2. Understanding Concepts: Aspirants should make sections for easy and difficult topics. Preparing notes for important points, formulas and concepts can help strengthen one’s preparation.
3. Gathering Study Resources: Curating relevant content is essential for a solid preparation. This includes educational content such as books, modules, online references, articles, videos, etc.
4. Flashcards: Flashcards are easy and essential study tools that ease the preparation process. Jot down difficult concepts on cards/sticky notes and can be carried around for immediate reference.
5. Constant Revision: It is an unspoken rule that revision makes one’s preparation process strong. Aspirants are recommended to keep aside specific days entirely for revision.
6. Solving Mock Tests/Sample Questions/PYQs: GATE releases official Mock Tests each year. Practising Mock Tests/Sample Papers gives a clear idea of the actual GATE question paper.
Candidates wanting to appear for GATE are recommended to go through as many reference materials as they want to prepare the foundation for their exams. In such scenarios, one major concern is where to get authentic information and where to get maximum information. Aspirants can refer to educational websites such as Collegedunia, which have specific pages for major examinations. Such websites usually publish information related to Registration, Syllabus, Exam Dates, Results, Cut Off and much more. Not only that, students can also download a number of free mock tests and Practise Papers for their own practise.
(ThePrint ValueAd Initiative content is a paid-for, sponsored article. Journalists of ThePrint are not involved in reporting or writing it.)